January 17, 2011

Writing Just To Write

When you are growing up, there are a lot of things that you dream of becoming.  I know some of the traditional ones for boys are firefighters and astronauts.  I remember wanting to to be an author.  I wanted to write and have a book published.  Sitting here years later, I doubt that book will over come to be.  I've heard the saying, "everyone has a book in them," but actually writing that book is rather difficult.

There's still a part of me that enjoys the idea of writing a book, but nothing has ever clicked within me strong enough to actually attempt it.  That, and once you do attempt it, you open yourself up to discover just how poor of a writer you actually are.  Currently I can dream that I'm a good writer.  Sometimes it's better to dream to discover reality.

Maybe someday I'll have something click and I'll go for it. Until then, I shall write here and imagine that the few people that read it are actually thousands.

No comments: