January 19, 2011

He Wasn't Kidding

As I continue on my road to recovery from pneumonia, I am consistently finding out that my doctor wasn't kidding when he said that I would get tired from time to time. I can go the whole day feeling great, then suddenly I get extremely tired. It's been my intent to try to take a nap the past couple of days to help prevent it, but life and work haven't cooperated.

Last night we had our first youth service of the new year. Unfortunately, it fell right during the hours where I seem to get the most tired. While a couple of my youth led worship, I sat in a chair and tried not to fall asleep. They were doing a fine job, but I really thought I was going to go to sleep. After worship, we sat in a circle so I could speak sitting down. From past experience, I know people have fallen asleep while I preached. It's the nature of public speaking. This however was the first time I thought I might fall asleep during my own message. Thankfully I didn't. It would have made for a good story down the road, but I'm glad I was able to stay awake for it. I'm looking forward to this last phase of the sickness to pass.

In a related note, it was great just to be with the students of Pursuit Youth Ministries again. I for one have missed being with them. They really are an amazing group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am glad we finally had youth. we missed you and are glad you are better. :) hopefully soon all your tiredness and sickness will be gone.