January 21, 2011

Snow Day

As I was sitting with my wife last night, our local tv network began to run some school delays and cancellations for this morning. With at least a couple inches on my porch and more falling as I went to bed, it's understandable. The closed one was my old high school. Without fail, if there is bad weather, they are among the first to call off. Considering some of the roads the buses have to take makes it clear why.

I remember what it felt like. There's something wonderful about having to go somewhere that you really don't want to and then discovering that you don't have to go. Even better when you find out the night before. I hope my students that have the day off can enjoy it. As for me, I have some work to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i spent my day shoveling my driveway.