October 29, 2009

Welcome Home

metalbox
This past summer, my church was broken into and one thing was stolen. A metal box that the thieves assumed contained money. Thankfully, we don't keep money at the church because, how should I put this, thieves can break in and steal it? So our intrepid criminals absconded with a metal box that contained nothing more than some old ledgers filled with numbers. Quite a heist I know. Anyway, I had pretty much decided that the case was forever resolved to the dustbin of history. Then today, I got a call from a deputy that our box had been recovered. Some people out for a walk came across it on a road just outside of town. It would appear that most everything is still in it. Damp, but still there. Unfortunately, finding the box didn't mean finding the ones that dumped it there months ago. So we have our wonderful box back and just to reiterate once again, we don't keep money at the church. We keep it at the bank. You never know, the thieves may spend their idle time reading my blog and I just want them to know that.

No comments: