July 21, 2009

I Got To Sit And Watch

My youth ministry and I went back to the Warren Family Mission today. It was an awesome experience because I basically had to do nothing. My students jumped right in and just did the work. They hung out with and played with kids that were there. They were flexible when our plans for the day had to be changed in an instant. Basically, they did what needed to be done without much prodding from us. I literally sat and was able just to watch them in action.

A lot of my position is to lead and be out in front. Just a couple years ago I would have had to do everything, but that’s not the case anymore. It’s a good feeling. May there be many more opportunities for me to sit and watch my youth do ministry, and then more opportunities to work right beside them.

No comments: