July 11, 2009

Book Reviews - Summer Grab Bag

Things have been really crazy and the blog has had to take a back seat. Here’s two quick book reviews by Kelly.

image012
A Promise for Breanna by Al Lacy

Summary
Suspense, danger, romance and spiritual truth each play a part in this heroine’s life as she faces the man who once broke her heart and led her to mistrust men.

Kelly’s Thoughts
This was a good book.  I have read many of Al Lacy's books before and find them enjoyable.  I thought for some reason that this was a new book.  I realized about half way through that I have read this before.  I kept reading.  It had been many years since I read this the first time.  It was good this time through too.  I like reading this type of fiction because it takes you to a different time and place.
image016

A Gathering of Finches by Jane Kirkpatrick

Summary:
A turn-of-the-century Oregon coastal couples’ life is seen through the eyes of the wife, her sister, and her Indian maid who discover reasons why money and possessions can’t buy happiness, forgiveness or relieve consequences of choices.

Kelly’s Thoughts
This book was interesting to me.  I was unsure of how it would turn out and that kept me reading.  Being historical fiction it is somewhat based on true events.  I did not like most of the book is based on an adulterous relationship.  It is not something I agree with.  I am glad that the main character finally realized she was wrong for the things she had done in her life.  It was fun learning about the time period and all that happened along the Oregon coast in around the turn of the 20 century.

As always, you can find the books on Amazon.com.

No comments: