July 18, 2009

The Beard

Matthew
First off I give major apologies for letting this blog be quiet for the month of July. I had my vacation and chose not to blog during it. Then, I had a week that was leading me up to being away for a week at a youth camp. I was doing various prep and just didn’t have time. Of course, the time wasn’t available while at the camp either. So, I finally find myself in a position to start being a regular on my own blog again. Thanks to any and all that read these words and hopefully you’ll stick around for what’s to come.

Just a perfectly pointless story to share. I grew a full beard on my vacation and kept. Just because I thought it would be crazy, I went to Camp X and shaved off a part of it every day. I went from full beard on Monday to a mustache goatee with long sideburns on Tuesday. Wednesday found me with the mustache gone. On Thursday I got rid of the sideburns and to wrap it up, on Friday I shaved down to just a small soul patch. I haven’t been without my goatee since I was a sophomore in college. That was over ten years ago. The best part, on the last day of camp I asked the tract I was working with which look of the week was the best. Everyone was talking at once, but the words I remember being the most clear were something to the effect of, “the other day you wore a brown shirt with jeans and some light brown shoes and that looked pretty good on you.” I can’t remember exactly who said it, but it was perfect timing. So in honor of that, I wore the same color scheme today. I mean, if it looks good, why mess with it?

On Facebook? The original post resides at www.focusedjourney.com.

No comments: