August 23, 2008

Quest For Health

According to my stats I have some new readers. Thanks for stopping by. On Saturdays I usually post my weight. Wacky I know. I lost 30 pounds last summer and then stopped. Over the course of the year I crept back up 10 lbs. Looking at the scale finally got me fired up to do it again. I have a long way to go but at least I feel mentally ready again. So, a week ago I started up again on my diet. I post the weight here for two reasons. First, it’s accountability. Nothing’s more embarrassing than having to post a huge weight gain. There’s been several times in the past where the thought of posting my weight kept me from blowing it one day. It may sound crazy, but it helps. Second, I talked with my youth once about being open and honest before God and others. My desire and need to lose weight is simply reality. I don’t want to hide that. I want to run and have fun with my children without getting tired so easily. So, long explanation for why I do this.

So, the weight for this week is 232.8. The digital scale keeps me from interpreting the number like my old dial scale allowed me. That’s a loss of 2.8 pounds which is healthy weight loss. So, there we have it.

One final note. If there is a Saturday where I don’t post, feel free to leave a comment or email me asking me why. Even that thought gives me motivation to make sure I keep hitting it hard.

No comments: