August 20, 2008

Opportunity?

I was scouting out the local park to see what it provided for an upcoming outreach when I felt the Spirit prompt me to check out the local fire station. It’s a small volunteer station. I knew where it was at, had glanced its way once some time in the past, and that was about it. It sits hidden on the edge of town.

I made a pass by and noticed what looked like some bleachers sitting behind it. That was interesting. Maybe they use them at certain events or training exercises. I decided to investigate. As I drew near, I discovered that the bleachers were permanent, and that they faced a small arena situated down below. There’s even a press box with loudspeakers. I really have no clue what the place is. My best guess is horses and maybe rodeo. It’s all overgrown and hasn’t been used for some time, but it got my mind rolling and my spirit wondering. What could God use a location like that for?

I’ve been praying for Divine appointments and doing my best to “chase the goose,” Now I’m seriously asking “Lord do have something for that old arena in our small town? Did you lead me there for a reason?” No answers yet, bet the journey will hopefully prove interesting.

No comments: