August 5, 2008

In a Heartbeat

I was sitting outside with a bunch of my youth tonight waiting for my wife to return from dropping off my kids. The phone rang. My little boy had twisted out of his car seat and fallen onto the concrete driveway. The driveway won, but my little champion is tough. He’s doing really well and was laughing up a storm with his sister on the drive back to the church.

This small accident though confirmed in my mind just how fragile life really is and how everything can change in a moment’s notice. Knowing this, it is so vital that we live our lives in the light of eternity. In the financial realm we’re advised to diversify. In the spiritual realm, I’m putting everything I have into one basket. I’m clinging to Jesus. That way, no matter what happens in this world, I know the future is secure.

No comments: