August 18, 2008

Horse & Wagon

As I was finishing up my previous post, I heard the familiar clop clop of horses out my office window. My church is definitely in a rural area, but it’s not Amish country. Yet, as I looked out a large wagon with two horses pulling it marched down the road. I remember seeing them last week too. They weren’t Amish so I really don’t know what they were doing. Maybe they found a way around high gas prices.

The best part was the horses across the street. Yes, once again this is a rural church. Seven horses in the field realized that something strange was happening because they all gathered in a group and just stared at the horses pulling the wagon. After the wagon passed, the horses gave chase as far as the fence would allow them.

When following Christ, we should expect the unexpected. Just didn’t think it would be something like this.

No comments: