February 6, 2008

The Day After

The day after Sunday usually is a hard day for ministers. It's the day where you review your success and failures of the day before. It's also the day that the enemy loves sneak up to your ear and whisper sweet lies. Lies about how worthless you are and how you're not making a difference. For me that day is Wednesday since my youth meet on Tuesday night.

As I write this, I could write a long list of the problems and struggles my students are going through. Deep painful problems. Problems with no simple solutions. It weighs heavy on my heart. I know the enemy delights in using pain to pull people down into the pit. There's always someone in our lives going through a trial, but right now the number in my little youth group exceeds what I can count on both hands.

For those that actually read this, please take a moment to pray. I know it's the same for students everywhere, but these are my students. These are the ones that I pray for and agonize over. They are my burden and I humbly ask you to share it with me even if for a moment.

There are some lions that need to die and I want to see some students rise up in Christ and slay the lion of their pit. (Yeah, a small reference to the book).

No comments: