February 24, 2008

Software Review - Budget

My number one software choice that I would recommend to anyone is Budget from Snowmint Creative Solutions. Not something I’m proud to admit, but before I found this software my financials were a mess. I used Quicken as a computer checkbook program, but it never helped us have enough money for our various bills. It had budget capabilities, but I never could wrap my head around how to set it up. I look back now and I am eternally grateful to God that He kept us afloat. I honestly have no clue how we made it. Thankfully, we found this software. It is a budget program that I can understand.

The concept is simple and has been around forever. They even promote it as the way your grandparents handled budgets. When a paycheck is cashed, the money is broken out and placed in envelopes that represent the various bills that you will have. Poor explanation, but a little money every week is placed in the envelope so that there will be enough when the next bill comes. Budget just takes this envelope concept and places it on the computer. When I record a pay, it automatically disperses my paycheck into the various bill envelopes that we have.

I put it this way, we went living from paycheck to paycheck to actually building some extra money over the course of the year. It really has been incredible. Okay, I think you get the idea.

Out of all the programs I love, this one has made the greatest impact in my life. Now to be fair, I use it on my Mac. However, they do make a version fro Windows too. So, if you are still trapped on that platform you can use it.

The link is following. The software has a trial period so that you can play around with and get a feel for it. It’s a great time of the year to start getting your finances in order.

www.snowmintcs.com

No comments: