February 22, 2008

Simple Church

After attending a small discussion led by Konan Stephens and Gary Fowler concerning the book Simple Church, I have actually started the book. It is a challenging read. It confronts us with the realization that maybe we're not making disciples like Christ has told us. Even as an associate pastor mainly focusing on youth, I have to ask myself if what we are doing is really making disciples of Christ. I know well the heartbreak of watching youth head out into the world and abandoning their faith. Don't want to see that. Yeah, I can't control them, but I want to make it hard for them to walk away. Anyway, I'm about half way through the book and getting spiritually hit in the gut again and again. Hopefully, I'll have more thoughts later.

PS Yeah, changing the look of the site again. Eventually I'll hit on just what I want.

No comments: