December 2, 2009

My New Calling in Radio

Thankfully I'm doing a lot better. The trip over really took it out of me but I think I'm about back to full speed. Now, for my interesting missions experience of the day.

Carrie, Cornell, and myself went to the local radio station and were on The Fish FM. It was local show for teens called T.I.T.O & Pizzah. They were playing Christian American rap and also Christian rap from here and even Uganda. Then, they were talking with us about the upcoming camp. It was over an hour of promoting the camp. During the time we were also giving away some free registrations to the camp. It was an experience. As we were leaving, we found out they wanted us to do promo spots for the radio station. Each one of us did multiple promos. So basically, if you visit Kenya in the upcoming years, you may hear one of us proudly declaring, "you're listening to 97.1 Fish FM."

No comments: