December 9, 2009

Camp X Kenyan Style

I am right in the midst of the camp that we are putting on. It has been an interesting experience. For those that know what Big Prairie was, let me just say that we had no right to complain. We spent the hours before camp started cleaning our meeting room. We had to do this because a lot of birds consider our building a nice respite from the sun. While we meet they fly in and out and over our heads. When I made an inspection tour of the restroom and shower facilities, I was greeted by two very large rats. I originally thought they were more of the birds until the sauntered away and I saw their long tales. I know God created everything but why the rat?

I freely admit that things are different than what I'm use to, but in the long run it doesn't matter because God is here. We had good services last night and the sessions this morning went extremely well. I of course spoke during one of them. In spite of me things are going good. We have a few more days of camp and then we pack up for the trip home. Rusty and I both calculated that if all goes right it will take us approximately 30 hours from the time we leave Eldoret until we make it back to our homes. I'm looking forward to seeing my family, but not looking forward to the trip. Plus, I'm heading back to cold weather. Everyday here is probably in the low 80's with cool breezes. Nights are cool enough for a jacket. Anyway, my Kenya journey will end soon and regular life will begin again.

Shout outs from some of the people with me. Cornell says "What's up!" Jenna says hello. They must have thought that I was on Facebook.

No comments: