January 12, 2009

Winter Frustration

Winter always throws a monkey wrench into church services. We want to have services, but sometimes the weather makes travel unsafe. My youth group has been hit extremely hard as of late. Check out my review of the last month.

December 16, 2008 - Youth Canceled (weather)
December 23, 2008 - Youth Canceled (weather)
December 30, 2008 - Overnighter (bad driving home)
January 6, 2009 - Youth Canceled (weather)

Now I turn my gaze to tomorrow. The forecast as of now is calling for up to three inches during the day and potentially three that evening. One thing I read yesterday mentioned winds up to thirty mph causing blowing and drifting snow. Now I know the weather can change and it might not happen at all, but it gets really frustrating when you want to have youth and it doesn’t happen.

To all my youth that read this I want you to know that I miss being with you. I’m sick of the snow, ice, and freezing rain coming every Tuesday too.

Well, I will hopefully be able to update this tomorrow with the news that we had youth.

No comments: