September 1, 2009

It Was Worth It

I went to the department of health today to get the shots I needed for my missions trip to Kenya. Both arms are now covered in multiple band-aids from the experience. The thought I had as I was sitting there concerned the missionaries of the past.

They headed out into the world to spread the news of Jesus Christ without the benefit of vaccinations.

They headed out knowing that there was a high probability that they would never return.

They headed out willing to suffer if needed.

They headed out to lands where they often had to bury a child, a spouse, or both.

They headed out because the truth was burning so strongly in them that they couldn’t help but share it.

They headed out because that’s what we are called to do.

On Facebook? The original post resides at www.focusedjourney.com.

No comments: