February 6, 2009

The Weight of Pride

It’s been a long time, but I was posting my progress on my “healthy eating lifestyle” on this blog as a way of being accountable. Health is part of the journey we are on. Anyway, I stopped posting for a simple reason. I stopped working on it and started gaining. Since the beginning of this year I have been working on it better than I ever have before. We have a nice two week menu rhythm going on now with some flexibility to change it up when our tastes need it. I am currently at 231.6 pounds.

Right before I started again I weighed and was back up to 249. That was my motivation. Looking back through my blog, I saw that I had actually reached 230 last September. I know for a fact that I hit 228 last summer, but that was after a week of fighting the flu and barely eating. So, I’m happy where I’m at and I’m hoping that by next week I’ll drop into the 220’s. That 230 mark is one of my first goals. Dropping under 220 is goal number 2. That’s what I weighed in college. After that, the next goal is that magic 200 mark.

No comments: