February 10, 2009

Our Connection to Creation

Today is an amazing day and I can literally feel a change in my emotions. Just over one week ago we were still digging out after the worst snowstorm of the season. Today, the windows of my house are all open and the fresh air smells amazing. I don’t even know how to describe the scent of fresh air. Does it even have a scent? All I know is that a little change in the weather can do incredible things in us.

We are connected to God’s creation in ways that we don’t understand. I see this exemplified even in the tiny fact that a lot of the vitamin D our bodies need comes from the sun. We were designed by God to synthesize vitamin D when our skin is exposed the ultraviolet rays from the sun. While we now understand this one, I think there are millions of more ways that we are connected to creation without even knowing it.

Sin has done so much to mar what God intended. We can hardly even fathom the simple thought of lions and lambs frolicking and playing together. We can barely comprehend total and lasting peace. Yet, it was the original design of creation. This world is cursed because of sin, but it stirs up something in my soul to think that God is working to bring everything back to what it created to be.

No comments: