June 24, 2008

I'm Back

To say it’s been awhile since I wrote is an understatement. I do have an excuse though. I was busy. Poor excuse I know, but it’s all I’ve got. In my defense, I did spend last week away on a missions trip with my youth. The week before that was largely spent in preparation for the trip, and let’s not forget that I also preached the day before we left. Time was spent getting ready frt that. So, my reason for being lazy in my writing is the fact that I was busy. Now, on to better things.

The missions trip was incredible. Hands down I think it was a lot better than last year. Once again we ventured to Solid Rock Ministries in Toledo. Our schedule for the week was divided among many things. We helped someone that desperately needed help move to a new house, we sorted and passed out clothes, we helped in a Vacation Bible School, we fed children, we talked with people, we went door to door, we helped a pastor of another church clean and scrub his building in preparation for what he believes God is going to do, we carried tables, speakers, chairs, and used them to minister to people at a block party.

I plan on writing some more details over the next few days. But, I want to at least give a quick overview. Several of my youth had the opportunity to lead someone to the Lord. One of our young ladies led a lady (not a child) at the block party to Jesus. One of my youth believes he was healed of cancer (I’m agreeing with him, but more importantly his spirit was healed). One of my young men said that he had been suffering from depression and that after we prayed it was gone. I believe at least two of my students are being called into the ministry. They need to wrestle with the Lord about it, but it really appears that way.

So enough for now. I’ll shoot for more in depth as the week continues.

Oh, there are a bunch of photos and even videos over at our youth website. Why not check them out.

No comments: