June 30, 2008

Children

My devotions today had me in Deuteronomy 6:1-9. It hit me hard when I considered the Lord’s words to impress his commands upon the hearts of our children. Continuing, we are to talk about the Lord’s commands with our children at home, when traveling, when we wake, and we go to sleep. Pretty much all the time. What am I doing to make God a part of my children’s lives? What am I doing to give them the best opportunity to accept and follow God all the days of their life?

I am very grateful for one thing. My children are young. I have time to intentionally bring God more into their lives.

Anyone out there got any good ideas for making God a greater part of young children’s lives without shoving God down their throats in a way that chokes them? If you do, leave a comment.

No comments: