February 9, 2010

A Little History

Thanks to the snow, we had to cancel youth tonight. Once the kids were in bed, I continued work on a personal project. An addition to blogging, I also keep a journal. There are some things I'm thinking and praying about that need to remain private. My journal is comprised of both these private entries and blog entries. Originally, these were separate. I've been working to move all my blog entries into the journal.

As I was working on this, I came across so many tiny pieces of my history. I read my thoughts after I injured my back. I found humorous little stories that I had written about my children. I even read my triumph of making it under 220 pounds.

I came away with a couple thoughts. I need to write more. Memories are so fleeting, but they become more permanent when recorded. Second, I've really blown the progress I was making with my weight. It reminded me that it's time to step up with some self-control. Maybe it's time for that weekly weight posting again. Anything to get me moving.

Sometimes taking a moment to look back and review can help you prepare to move forward again.

No comments: