July 7, 2008

Camp X 2008 Day 1

The first day of Camp X has once again drifted into the past. It’s one incredibly long hot day that seems to go by in a moment. It’s been great seeing the students that have chosen to walk the discipleship road with this us this week. Familiar faces (yeah I recognize you, but I have no clue about your name) and a bunch of new ones. The ludicrous thing is that the support staff wear name tags. Students? No name tags. None. It’s hard enough to remember one name let alone almost forty. I’m actually happy that I know all the names of the people that I’m working with. This is actually the first year I think.

Anyway, good services and some great sessions. God hits hard. He hits me even harder when I speak the word. Taught tonight about holiness as a lifestyle. We desperately need to be a holy people. We need to use God given wisdom when selecting entertainment choices. There’s too much at stake. Went well, especially since my hour and a half time slot was shortened to thirty minutes. I went over as long as I could, but I definitely needed more time. I wanted to have a little more interaction on the movie reviews. Oh well. I still think God gave us al something to think about and prayerfully, something to begin working out in our lives.

No comments: