May 29, 2008

Thanks to the Lady

Spending the morning at Caribou Coffee. Gas prices are making me limit my visits to every other week or so, but today I have the pleasure of drinking coffee and reading. Working through Andy Stanley's "Communicating For a Change." Good read so far. Nothing like a book that forces self-examination and makes you question your current methods. Anyway, I just wanted to relate that there are still kind people in this world. I have a Caribou gift card that I refill periodically and use to get my coffee. Today, I ordered my coffee and after swiping my gift card, I was informed I owed 65¢. I don't carry cash and sheepishly pulled out my debit card to pay for that large amount of money. A lady behind me slapped down a five and told the worker to just take it out of that. So, thanks to that lady for covering part of my coffee.

Of course, now that I think about it, maybe she just didn't want to wait for the time it would take for them to run my card. Anyway, she saved me some change which I can put to other good use like lunch.

No comments: