December 31, 2010

What I'll Miss Tonight

drunk
As the date suggests, it is New Year's Eve. I guess you could say I'm one of those losers that is sitting at home with his wife while my kids sleep in their beds. I suppose I'm really missing out on what the world has to offer.

I could be out drinking until I'm so drunk that I risk lives while driving home.

I could be waking up in the morning with someone that I don't even remember meeting.

I could be putting my marriage and family at risk.

I could be spending tomorrow morning with a splitting headache and my head in the toilet.

Or, I could just continue my course. I will enjoy knowing that my children are both safely asleep in in their rooms. I will look over at my wife knowing that there will be nothing done tonight to embarrass either one of us. I will happily wake up in the morning still getting over my cold yes, but headache free and sober.

Personally, I will gladly wear the title loser.

Happy New Year

No comments: