April 29, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make. My wife and I were out and about this evening when we happened across a KFC. I'm a sucker for testing and trying new food products and KFC has one. Perhaps you've heard about it in the news. It's called the Double Down. It consists of two pieces of boneless chicken. Not chicken tender size but full breast size. These pieces of fried chicken act as the bun. In between the two pieces of deep fried goodness resides bacon, cheese, and a sauce of some sort. There is no bun. It's a chicken sandwich in the purest sense.  Most questions concerning it revolve around its nutritional value. Having now  recently partaken of one of these concoctions, I lend my voice to the crowds that decry it's total lack of nutrition. The only problem I have was that it was amazing. We split one just for fun, but we were both surprised that it was so good. The chicken was moist and juicy and there was quite a bit of it. Both the cheese and sauce were tasty. And the bacon? Well, it's hard to ever go wrong with bacon. The end result was surprising but extremely satisfying. 

I would love to try another, but it will be a tough argument between my taste buds and my brain that knows something like that will shorten my life expectancy. 

On Facebook? The original post resides at www.focusedjourney.com.     

No comments: