April 22, 2010

Check Out My Diploma

diploma
I have a confession to make. I had a couple of speeding tickets about two years ago. One I absolutely deserved. There were extenuating circumstances with the second and I think it was undeserved. Anyway, you pay your fine and move on with life. That is, you move on with life until it comes back to bite you.

In updating some church insurance information, my name was submitted as a primary driver of the church van. The insurance company ran a check on me and declared me ineligible to drive the van. Seems they don't like those speeding tickets acquired back in my youth (ahh...to be thirty again).

This presented a problem and problems need solutions. I called our insurance provider and they offered me probation on one condition, I had to take their online defensive driver course. I really had no choice so I accepted their offer. As of this morning, and after a grueling online course and test, I am now a diploma carrying defensive driver.

Now I have to live with the shame of being on probation. I wonder if they'll assign me some sort of parole officer?

On Facebook? The original post resides at www.focusedjourney.com.

No comments: