June 15, 2009

Add It To The Day

I had a lot of plans for today. After being gone for a week with my youth on a missions trip, I had a lot of catching up to do. The start of my day had me driving to a nearby city to correct an order error that had been made on a batch of t-shirts we had made. About halfway there my car decided to die. Within an hour my car was in the shop and the early prognosis was a fuel pump.

That one event pretty much messed up my day. I’d like to be able to say that I was a triumphant Christian that didn’t let an expensive repair bring me down, but I did. Everything from that point on just seemed to be piling it on. The title of this post was what I kept telling myself, just add it to the day.

My emotions got the better of me when they really shouldn’t have. It wasn’t like life ended or anything. Looking back now, I see that the whole day moved rather smoothly for what happened. I had my cell phone on me so within minutes I had a tow truck coming for me and a repair shop waiting for the car. Within a half hour, I was sitting at the repair shop which conveniently is within walking distance from my apartment. I was able to get some work done before my mom picked me up and took me into the church (added bonus, she bought me a sandwich for lunch). Later, she allowed me to take her car until my car is fixed. The final thing is that I have most of the money for the repair. I’ve blogged before about the budget software that my wife and I use. Part of our budget sets aside money for repairs and thankfully it had been building up for a while.

So, at the end of the day I have to realize that God had things under control and I should have remained positive. Harder said than done, but it would have been worth the effort.

No comments: