December 10, 2008

General Tso's in the Microwave

About 45 minutes ago I finished my lunch. The box proclaimed it was delicious General Tso’s Chicken with rice. I bought it at Save-A-Lot, a local generics store similar to Aldi’s. I’ll admit that it surprised me. It wasn’t terrible. I’d actually buy it again someday. Even though it was okay, in no way can it be compared to good General Tso’s from a Chinese restaurant. Crispy chicken, extremely spicy sauce, fluffy white rice, and bright green steamed broccoli is how it’s supposed to be done.

Now that wonderful spiritual leap. I have to ask how often we settle for just “okay” in our walk with Christ? Do we feel okay as long as our walk resembles at least a little the deep relationship we really should have with our Lord? Sometimes we prefer Microwave Christianity because it’s a thousand times simpler and cheaper than having the authentic item.

Real faith will always cost something.

No comments: