December 8, 2008

Better Design

I really enjoy design work. I’m not saying I’m good at it, but I do like it. I’ve made some minor tweaks to this site’s design, and I’ve made a complete overhaul of my youth group’s website. Why not open it up in a new window and view some of the changes I describe below. Pursuit Youth Ministries Website.

I kept the same design ideas, but I eliminated a lot of pages that we had that were really pointless. I narrowed the pages which I think really freed up the site. This happens because I no longer have to fill up a wide space with useless filler. I designed some crisper headers for the top (different ones will show up occasionally). And, drumroll please, I completely eliminated the sidebar that we use to have. Basically, this was a waste of space that only proclaimed that we met on Tuesdays at 7. Also, only one section has true sub-pages that appear in the menu.

The site is much easier to navigate and I think more pleasing to the eye. I really tried to simplify the design as much as possible. I’m trying to incorporate some of the same idea into the overhaul of my church’s website that I have been working on for far too long.

I’d love some feedback on the youth site. Remember, it’s designed to be a somewhat static webpage. It is not intended to be updated on a daily basis.

No comments: