November 18, 2008

It's Going to Be a Long Night

As you begin reading this post, I ask that you check the time it was posted. As I write, my clock reads 2:20 AM. I stayed up a little later than usual tonight because I got into a groove working on my church’s website. I’ve had a static “under construction” page up for some time now while I have attempted to completely redesign it. I work best late at night and since the ideas were flowing, I kept working. It was no problem since my wife had long ago gone to bed with an upset stomach. Around one in the morning I knew I better stop for the night, so I shut everything down and headed for the bathroom. Here’s the brief schedule since that moment.

  1. Kelly informed me that Havilah was vomiting.
  2. I began setting up the Pack and Play so we could move Silas out of the room and clean her bed.
  3. Went in to assist in cleaning Havilah (looks like another bath)
  4. Kelly checked on Silas and discovered (oh joy) that he had vomited.
  5. Both kids stripped and tossed in the tub so I could scrub the vomit off their bodies and out of their hair.
  6. While thus proceeding, I heard my wife in the kitchen vomiting.
  7. With cleaned kids, it was decided to put Silas back in his crib since it was still okay. Havilah will sleep next to mommy. Daddy will get load of laundry going and sleep on the couch.
  8. As of this sentence, I’ve been back to the room three more times for vomit. Thankfully, in a trash can and not on the bed.
Now, I’m going to publish this and lay my head down. Maybe I’ll get some sleep. Good night everyone, and I hope your night was better than ours.

P.S. Before I clicked publish, I was back to the room for the fourth time. Not much left but painful dry heaves.

No comments: