September 18, 2008

Power Is a Good Thing

One of my youth called us Tuesday night while they were on their way home to let us know that there were lights on in the apartment below us. Yes! The power company had been saying Saturday for our area. Smart strategy. Under promise so it seems that you over deliver. I don’t want to be too snarky though, since they really have had a lot of work cleaning up from this mess.

Tuesday night we tucked our kids into bed at Grammy and Papa’s, then Kelly and I headed home to scrub down the fridge and to make sure everything was good. One of the benefits of emptying the fridge was that it presented the ideal opportunity to give it a good clean. Must admit it looks good. It made it a late night by the time we got back to my parent’s house to sleep, but it was nice to have the house ready. Wednesday morning we packed up the kids and we moved back home. The old adage “be it ever so humble there’s no place like home” has new meaning for me.

Overall my family was very blessed. We were able to store our fridge and freezer contents at our church and only lost a few items, most of which were almost empty anyway. The ice cream still breaks my heart though. I’m very grateful though because there are still many in our area without power.

No comments: