October 6, 2010

Things I'll Miss

In a little over a month my team is heading back to Kenya. I know it sounds a little presumptuous to call them my team when I'm not going with them, but I worked side by side with these people last year and somewhere in my soul I still consider myself a part. I've had the opportunity to speak with a few of them in the past couple of weeks and it really stirs me up. I fully understand and accept that this isn't a time for me to go, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it. In honor of that, I feel compelled to compile a short list of things that I'll miss by not going to Kenya. Some are poignant and others pointless and I'll leave you to distinguish between the two.

I'm going to miss going to dinner late at night in Eldoret, Kenya. Not just dinner at any old place though. I'm going to miss going to an Indian restaurant while staying in Kenya. And not just any Indian restaurant, but one that served up Italian style pizza done the American way. And if that wasn't enough, I'm going to miss being able to choose Chinese chicken as our pizza topping. To put it all into perspective and in one long sentence. I'm going to miss going to Kenya and having dinner in an Indian restaurant that served Italian pizza done the American way with Chinese chicken on top. I love the craziness of it all.

If the opportunity arises my team, eat a slice for me.

No comments: